Sunday, November 21, 2010

Moments With Mom


A few months ago, I can remember praying hard for a way to have quality time to spend with my girls without breaking the bank.....the answer/idea came to mind to have, "Moments With Mom" time on
Sunday evenings.  I thought I would call it Moments With Mom and/or M&M time since we eat
M&Ms while talking.  I will ask them if they have anything on their mind they would like to talk about
and it's a great time to talk about fun things as well as issues that they are dealing with in order to explore
ways to help them learn how to deal with things.  Amazing discoveries have been made from our conversations and even sound advice that is beneficial for the whole family.

Meagan just last week (Nov. 14th) told me she needed to "talk to me so she could have M&Ms."  I got a kick out of this one!!!  She may be 2 1/2 plus but she knows where it's at!  Sometimes we will just read some books together too.  I may substitute doing muffins occassionally (to my benefit so I don't eat
up too many M&Ms myself...thanks to the great advice from a wonderful friend).

As for Dad time.......the girls have Doughnuts With Dad.  His time is only once a month to not make
it too hectic with his work schedule and doing his Masters program.  It has been a great way to catch up.
Sterling mentioned to me that he would have never known that McKenzie was having kids being mean
to her in her classroom if it weren't for this time he spent talking to her.  I've been able to find things out
that have helped out too.

Thank the heavens above for ideas like these that are simple and profound.  Now, to stick to the schedule and do it consistently is the next challenge!!!  But, we'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment