Sunday, November 21, 2010

Catching UP

I am so amazed with those of you that are able to keep up
with your blogs.  Life just blurrs on by!  So, today, I thought
I would write some more.........The last post had mentioned
about my melanoma....

Well, they determined that my MRI was abnormal so the
standard procedure is to do an PET/CT scan head to toe
with melanoma to ensure that the cancer didn't spread.  They
did this since they found blood spots in my right iliac region
through the MRI.

Thankfully, the results came back negative.  I did have quite
the activity in my throat area which caught the Oncologist's attention
but I was getting over a cold at the time.

So, the Oncologist brought me into his office and declared me
cancer free in Oct.!!! WHEW!!!  However, it was a humbling
experience seeing many with wigs and hooked up to IVs in
a large room to get chemotherapy.

My back however is another story and I am hoping to continue
to get it worked on soon, just takes time/money. I have bone
spurs in my cervical region as well as degenerated discs in
the thoracic/lumbar regions with bulging discs.  My right hip
is lower than my left hip which places strain on my back as well.
And the sciatica can be nothing but pure pain at times. If I lounge
on the couch long enough to watch a movie, I will end up
not being able to stand straight up and hunched over for a while.
SCARRRRRY.  I was okay with it all until I saw my x-ray again
and the Chiro./Physical Therapist said that my back/sciatica
are at a stage 2 and that the Back Specialist will prob. want
to perform surgery if it gets to a stage 3.  So, for now, I'm walking
with 4 great friends in the mornings and trying to eat healthier (some
days are better than others).  I am striving to lose extra pounds
to help to relieve my back pain.  I also want to get the treatment
needed but it may have to wait until after tax return since my
health insurance doesn't cover Chiro. care.  BUT, I still feel blessed
to have the strength when I need it.

So, in a nutshell, I didn't end up doing the CNA program that I had
all of the babysitting etc. lined up for. SIGH!!  But I am learning that
the Lord knows best. That I need to trust in Him and not in my own
little self.

My family is doing well health wise and I am GRATEFUL (well
asides from the usual cavities that get filled, occassional colds etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment