Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Time With Joni and her Parents

It is never ever easy to say goodbye, especially if the person has meant so much to you! When Joni came to first live with us...we had no idea for how long and it was an adventure but one of a lifetime. Come to find out....that rather than helping her with her situation...we feel like the true beneficiaries of her love/kindness and help. Ever meet one of those types of people that make you feel loved, welcomed, wanted, accepted and feeling the desire to be the best you you can be....well this such person is Joni. What a blessing she was/is to us!!! Considering her tough situation and trials...she held her head up high...kept her eyes set upon her eternal goals and pressed forward. I pray I can do hard things like Joni...Joni has taught us all that we can do hard things and that even though life doesn't always go as we have planned...we can roll with it as long as we kneel in prayer to seek the guidance/help that we need on a daily basis.....How do you sum up someone like Joni? WONDERFUL!!! This word doesn't even describe her...she was a sister-in-law, Aunt, BFF and a great example...I truly felt like I could be myself but aspired better because I knew that she loved (still loves) and doesn't judge me...what a gift she possesses. Joni is a ray of sunshine...even when her own clouds are dark at times...Sweet Joni...you have been a blessing to my dear family...many cherished memories...laughter, tears, rejoicing, fun and hugs we have had....I will miss you deeply...we all will miss you deeply but your kind legacy lives on in our hearts and we are so thankful that it is a physical distance at this point in which we can still communicate to you via phone, email or even mail! Best wishes to you dear sister for a successful and wonderful life!!! May we always keep in touch and count our blessings!!! Time heals all but for now...our hearts are sad/hurt because we miss you deeply but do know that with the Lord's help...we all can press forward in that which we are meant to do on this Earth life!!! HUGS!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: