Friday, June 11, 2010
Life's Lessons
I figure that I should keep up with my blog at least a few times a month since life whirls past so fast. I have been learning so much lately and don't often write down some of my feelings. You know, life is surely precious. It's easy to get caught up in the day to day things and forget what it's all about. For example, I am learning that crunchy cheerios beneath my feet on the kitchen floor aren't too bad after all. Besides, I can always wear flip flops! :)
Getting less sleep is becoming a normal thing. It would probably feel too weird to be caught up on rest. And I have learned that yawning is contagious over the phone even. Sorry family and friends for my much yawning. You aren't boring or anything! LOL!
God has a sense of humor. Whenever I see little independent things that Meagan does, I realize that God is real and is involved in our lives. Just her smile on her face telling me that's "my mom" is enough to fuel my day.
Gratitude can be given for even small things. My 3 older girls kept thanking me over and over again for getting them water bottles and a food treat the other day. I have come to learn that they are learning to appreciate the smaller things in life. Even though we are extremely tight on money, we are learning that living life can happen now. Necessity is truly the mother of invention. And I am also learning how much I really don't need. It has caused me to reflect upon what it is that I would cherish the most when I leave this life and what I would regret the most not giving my best attention too. I cherish my Heavenly Father, Savior, Holy Ghost and the gospel of Jesus Christ the most along with my husband/children and family. I cherish my friends as well. I would regret the most not spending the time I can with my husband and children along with incorporating Jesus Christ into our lifes. When I think upon this, it makes me want to shuffle a lot of things in my own personal life. I will always want to be in close connection with family and friends but I also need to focus first on my relationship with my Savior, then my immediate family. When these things are in place, everything else falls into place. There are sooooo many good things out there that we can get involved in but what matters most in our family.
I have learned that it isn't good to think that being in partial shade will protect my fair skinned children from getting sun burned. They fry in the hot sizzling AZ sun.
I have been learning that a positive outlook on life isn't instantaneous but takes effort that is well worthwhile. I'm still learning this but hope that it keeps coming my way. There is always 3 sides to a story as well....2 people's views and the truth through the Lord's eyes.
I am learning to be more patient with slow but steady growth. Great things don't always happen over night. This is a hard concept to grasp but it's true.
I have learned recently that my siblings are only a phone call away as well as friends. That it's more important to be where Heavenly Father wants us to be for the eternal reasons that we don't always understand.
I have been learning that it's ok to not have a perfect house. Did I just say that???? I know, it's amazing....but life happens. Right now I have a million pounds of laundry, dishes and the like to do and here I am blogging. LOL!! But everything has its balance. Don't get me wrong, I love it when my house is clean but I would be miserable to think that it will stay this way with 4 children. :) It's a priority thing. It's important to have a clean atmosphere for the kids for sure but it's ok to have a few things out of place too. See, I'm trying to convince myself here! LOL!! Mainly because I have a to do list a mile long!
I continue to learn.............One lesson I have yet to learn is to not compare myself with others. I often feel sincere joy for other's joy but I need to not compare my season in life with someone else's. We all have different times/seasons. And we are all important in God's eyes. So, we never go unnoticed even if someone else seems to be more popular. We are accounted for by God. So, it's important (I'm still learning) to become the best "me" I can be. I want to start living a life with no regrets. There will always be the grass is greener on the other side but why not enjoy my green and sometimes yellow grass right now.
I am learning that each day is a new fresh start........and that peace comes from within through the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I am also learning to live and let go more. I can't control how people respond to me. I can control how I treat others but I can't make people like me. I need to like me (in a humble way of course) and just move forward with confidence. I always tell my girls that more important than the number of friends they have is being a friend. Every single person on this planet wants to feel accepted and included. No one likes to feel left out because that isn't the way life is meant to be.
Well, I am now learning how really tired I am while typing this blog entry............so must catch some sleep since I have a Micro 205 lab due tomorrow and a HCR 230 outline for my final essay due tomorrow as well.
Remember, life is good!
Love,
Kathy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kathy ((((HUGS))))-- that was written so beautifully!! Love and miss you soo much!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Joni