Thursday, January 20, 2011

An Ordinary, Turned into an Extraordinary Day

This past Tues., wasn't my most favorite days because I
was just crying tons that day.  I  usually don't cry as much
as I did.  I think I was feeling the stress of starting new classes
and didn't want to feel stuck in study mode again like in the past.
With the stress, it was easy to think of other things I was worried
about and or things I was disappointed in.  Not a great way to
look at the day or life for that matter.  But, days like this do occur.
And you know what, just writing this down in my blog journal
makes me feel more free cuz I'm being honest with myself.  There
are just days that I feel like, "This is for the birds." :))  I think
being human, we all have days where we would like to stop
and rewind and go back to bed again!

BUT thank goodness each coming minute is a new one, each hour
is new and there is a new day (like in the words of Anne of Green
Gables...."tomorrow is clean with no mistakes in it."

Well, my Tues. I had decided to have a pity party or was it really
a pity party because I had some true feelings/emotions that were
very real to me. I had decided to address them and let myself just
cry and cry.  It felt good to let it out.

I also had some amazing family/friends that I was able to talk
to.  Their listening ears were just what I needed as well as
reminders from the Holy Ghost of who I really am.   I am SO grateful
 for the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
On Sunday,I felt a strong impression to go to Heavenly Father in prayer more
with my concerns and heartaches.  Well, I have always known
this but that day I really realized more fully that I haven't been
going to prayer to the One who knows all and knows us better
than we know ourselves.

Well, it was a good thought but I still let life rush me from saying
sincere prayers.  I pray all of the time in mine heart but there is
nothing more healing than praying on the knees in sincere prayer
to Heavenly Father.  You know why this is such a great thing,
because we are then reminded that we are all special and one
of His Favorites.  There is not a person on this planet that doesn't
need to feel loved.  A lot of this craziness would subside if we could
all just show more love to one another and especially to ourselves.
Well, I'll get off my soapbox now from that topic because that
is a whole new conversation.

ANYWAYS,....on Tues., last minute I had decided to go to
the temple. 

Boy did I feel like a.... PRINCESS!  There was no better way
than to realize that Heavenly Father and our Savior was aware
of this Kathy Kent girl whose heart has large desires but who
fails to see/remember the eternal perspective at times.  This time
at the temple was WONDERFUL!  I couldn't have asked for a
better way to take away the blues.  I was doing service and in
so doing was reminded of the real me again. Most of the time
I really strive to be positive but ya know I will confess it has
been a greater challenge lately especially since a lot of unexpected
things have occurred. But, we can all say the same thing too.
Life is an amazing journey with one constant thing in it and that
is change.  The goal is to decide how to best adapt to these
changes.  Well, I don't quite  have it figured out yet but am
open to any ideas if you have it figured out :).

Near the end of my temple exp., I took time to say a heartfelt prayer to Heavenly
Father and I poured out my heart/soul.  I prayed to have help to
do what Heavenly Father and the Lord would have me do in this
lifetime.  I prayed to have forgiveness towards myself for my shortcomings
as well as for forgiveness towards others when there have been
unrealized expectations/to have more patience.

I prayed to have peace with my need to go back to school to gain
an education in order to work because my family needs me too. My
hubby is doing an amazing job with his work/Masters program but
with this hard economy the income isn't cutting it right now. 
I have come to realize that some moms can stay home with their
children and some just have to work but that
God loves us all just the same.

In essence this life is a spiritual journey in a mortal body and even though
we can't always see the fruition of things that occur day to day, we are
being molded into something greater. Feel free to remind me of this
when I'm in a pity party.

Anyways, back to my prayer.............I had felt assurance that what
I am doing with school/future jobs is right and that I could still give quality
attention to my children. I felt as if the burdens were lifted without the
circumstance changing at all...........it was because the Holy Ghost
was able to help me remember the eternal perspective as well as
comfort/strengthen me.

Well, I went to the temple heavy hearted but left feeling light as a feather.
This was an exceptionally spiritual event that I chose to share in this
blog because someday I will need to reread it and remember this time
when other challenges come along cuz our best one day isn't always
our best another day (in the words of my wise mom). We are
faced with different things from day to day. If I have a broken leg
one day, I won't be able to be as fast getting things done around the
home than I would have without a broken leg. I'm sure you get the picture.

WEll, we all need to feel like princesses sometimes! Feeling down,
go to the temple and ask if you are loved like the next person! If you
aren't able to go inside the temple, you can pray at home, today! We
all need reassurance that God is aware of us individually. That is why
we are encouraged to attend church regularly, pray and read in the
scriptures. Heavenly Father (God) knows that life will always bombard
us with things from every angle but that as we come to Him, we can
remember why it is that we are here on this earth and that we
are spiritual beings having a mortal experience.

So, my goal is to make the Ordinary more Extraordinary.

Wish me luck!

In the meantime, know you are loved!

1 comment: