Monday, June 21, 2010
Quick Update Before I Get Back To Real Life
Well, this summer is flying by. I can't believe our girls just only have (one day short of) 4 weeks before they go back to school. Mixed feelings for all of us. We have spent our summer days with familiy and friends. It has been good, except for the first 2 weeks where everyone was sick :(.
I am soooo close to being done with my Health and Cultures class. I just have one more essay and wallah, it will be over with. Better yet, I will have my Associates in Arts degree through Rio Salado Community College!!! YAY!!! And on July 7th, I will begin my schooling at ASU for Psychology. It's an online program and I am soooo happy about that. I will also be done with Microbiology 205 on Sept. 4th this year and will have done all of the co-reqs needed for the nursing program for the Maricopa Community College that I've been accepted to. Chance, I decide to continue forth, they will place me Fall 2011. But, in the meantime, I don't mind being "home" as much as possible.
Sterling just finished his first course for the SIRLS (library science) program at the U of A. He had a 7 day residency and has since completed the class. He got a A!!! Go Sterling, go. What a great way to start his program for his Masters in Library Science. Today, June 21st, he went to the Family History Library by the Mesa Temple and had his first day of training. This is for volunteering but will reward him with much better experiences as he ventures onward with his digitalizing/archiving program through the online program at the U of A. So that is our plan for now. I in the meantime, only have 14 courses to go before I can get my BA in Psychology. I hope to get this done and if it's right, go into nursing. However, I really have the desire to get my MC (Masters in Counseling) and become a counselor. That is where my heart truly is in the professional world.
But, my heart is all in being a MOM and I love it (well most days)! The kids are growing up way too fast and I love seeing what they are learning. Right now, we are learning how to have fun despite challenges in life and how to be a better steward of what the Lord allots us. I am learning that life is more than money (even though some money is necessary). I am learning that it's best to fret less about those things I can't change/control and to have a better attitude over those things I can control. I am learning that Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us equally and is always there.
This week will be a fun week. We are having our kid's cousins come to visit from Tucson for a few days. WE are also going to be honored with a visit from one of the most sweet spirits on this planet and that is my brother, Noel. We are going to take him to the Arizona Sea Life Aquarium this Saturday June 26th. I know he is thrilled to be coming for a visit!
We are also so grateful for the many good friends we are making here in Queen Creek (now officially, San Tan Valley). We miss our friends in Tucson as well but they are in our hearts. Thank goodness for roads that we get to travel to meet all types of wonderful people and for the fact that someday we can be together forever with our family, loved ones and friends. So, when we need to travel away from one another on this earth, no one can take us away in heart!
Ok, I guess I shared enough mooshyyyyy. Must do FHE with my family!! Bye for now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yea for being such a smartie and hanging in there with school!! Your girls are great by the way!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize you were almost done with your associates. How completly awesome and exciting!! 14 classes sounds do-able. You go girl!!
ReplyDelete