Thursday, February 25, 2010

Time Flies By Way Too Fast

Well, as we all know, time flies by way too quickly. I am happy that I every so often put something on my blog to help capture memories. Meagan has seemed to have spurted to complete toddlerhood last week with her more extensive vocabulary and her sentences she is using. Wow! And she pooped in the potty for the first time a few weeks ago too!! Audrey is still interested in staying home with Mom/Dad instead of going to school. She loves to play with her barbies too. But, she is getting better with her spelling since we have mastered a plan of using M&Ms as a reward for every word she spells correctly! And she loves loves loves my writing her spelling words with washable marker on the mirror when she takes a bath. We also write her words with our fingers in the air. Audrey will get the hang of things soon. She still also has the world's cutest facial expressions (especially with her smiling eyes). She is still our princess girl and I hope she stays that way for a long long time! McKenzie is in the groove with school and very much interested in hopefully doing soccer. We are looking into it since it starts in April. She is all thumbs up for this idea. She continues to get all of her homework done on Monday so that she has a week break. I remind her that she has vocabulary to study and needs to read each day. She is amazed that there is always something to do. However, school she likes and could be an A+ student but she has a more relaxed approach to school. She learns what she needs to and doesn't fret the rest. I think she needs to rub off on the rest of us! McKenzie was informed recently that a boy named Jacob likes her a lot. She is interested in being friends that is all. Thank goodness, cuz she is only 8. Katelynn is a busy body with school and becoming more social. She told us she won first place with the 5th graders in the math contest. She will compete with more students this coming Friday night, Feb. 26th. Tonight, she has her science fair for which we are heading out in about 30 min. She did hers on sugar crystals, comparing granulated, brown and powder sugar to one another. She is working hard and I remind her to still have fun. She is getting better and better with her clarinet. Her teacher says she is a year ahead of the game. Way to go Katelynn. Sterling is hanging in there as best as possible with finding a job. It can dampens one's spirit and stride after a while. However, he manages to just keep moving forward (which I admire). He is hoping to get in to the SIRLS program at the U of A. In the meantime, he is doing part-time work for a friend and substitute teaching when called. He is also the best dad on the planet. He is a great husband/friend too. We are praying to pull through this experience closer and stronger. Me, well let's just say I've decided to not throw in the towel with school. I so want a break but am pressing forward in Bio 202. At the end of March, I will be picking up a Culture & Health class. This seems to be my world but the most important part of my world is my family. I love my kids and hubby. I am trying to savor the moments because they grow up way too quickly. The days in the weeks have finally started to slow down a bit for me and I'm grateful. Maybe it's because I'm trying during this financial hardship to enjoy more the simple things in life. Well, must go, reminded I have napping hair and neded to go to the science fair at Circle Cross Ranch tonight for Katelynn. Talk soon! Love, Kathy

1 comment:

  1. So fun to catch up with your family! Seems like forever since I've seen you or talked with you! It's good to hear that y'all are involved and happy. So are you homeschooling Audrey then? What creative ideas you have for teaching her--I love it!

    ReplyDelete